1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Impact gun

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by CJ's Mowing Service, May 17, 2020.

1. CJ's Mowing Service

CJ's Mowing Service LawnSite Senior Member

What’s a good impact gun for changing blades? Corded or cordless is fine.

Breezmeister, Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  2. Crazy 4 grass

Crazy 4 grass LawnSite Platinum Member

What power tool line are you currently invested in?

Cam15 likes this.
  3. Crazy 4 grass

Cam15 likes this.
  4. Guitargain

Guitargain LawnSite Member

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  5. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

I have an air compressor type so I'm not much help with your direct question; but remember to also have a good torque wrench on hand if you want to do it correctly by tightening the bolts back on the spindle per manufacturer specs.

Green Industry Pro likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    CJ's Mowing Service

CJ's Mowing Service LawnSite Senior Member

None. Been using wrenches and breaker bars. Work fine, but with multiple mowers just trying to save time

Cam15 and Crazy 4 grass like this.
  7. Crazy 4 grass

Yea I only asked that because possibly you could've stayed with the same power tool line and not needed to buy more batteries.

If cordless is important go Milwaukee. If not, then corded options are available for quite a bit cheaper.

Cam15 and Green Industry Pro like this.
  8. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Tyler Texas

I have cordless. Works like a dream. Milwaukee has the best line up of cordless tools, but even the cordless at Harbor freight is good. I have some of both.

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

Another vote for Milwaukee M18.

I suggest the high torque model.

10. Crazy 4 grass

I went with the mid torque model because its more compact, and can fit in tighter places. I wrench on vehicles and this can help at times. Never felt underpowered, haved used it up to 34mm socket size... castle nut

It remove lug nuts easily

Last edited: May 18, 2020