1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Impact Wrenches again!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mickhippy, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I know you lot have gone over this before and I've done the search but really havent found what I was looking for so.....
    My elcheapo Impact Wrench has bitten the dust and I was wondering what Cordless Impact Wrenches your using. I was thinking about the........
    Panasonic 15.5v EY6535 at 127Nm $670au (this is a 3 in 1 machine) http://www.northwestpowertools.com/impact/ey6535nqkw.htm

Makita 12v 6914DWFE at 98 Nm $630au http://www.northwestpowertools.com/impact/6914dwbe.htm

or stepping right up to the
    Makita 24v BTW200ShE at 200Nm for $1100au (this is real bloody expensive)
    http://www.toolbarn.com/cgi-bin/products.cgi/BTW200SHE/

These are all preferred cordless but if I have to get electric to get a better tool for the price, I will.
    I really dont want to spent this much but to get up to the higher strengths etc, doesn't look like I have a choice. I've just started looking into these properly so any opinions and thoughts you have will be appreciated.
    I dont want to get an air compressor so please leave these out.

Cheers guys.

2. GLAN

GLAN Banned

We use AIR

3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Damn it!:D
    When I checked the back dated posts, (in the search) seemed like there were quite a few of you that used Cordless/Electric Impact Wrenches. I just figure they were small enough to put under/behind the truck seat and handy out in the field. I still havent given up! That Panasonic looks good with the 3 in 1 but I'm not to sure about the power of it, let alone the cost!

Cheers

4. GeorgiaGrassMan

GeorgiaGrassMan LawnSite Member

I used the Makita 12v impact wrench you mentioned. I love it! I haven't had it that long but I'm yet to find a blade it won't remove in short order. I can change 3 blades about 5 times on a charge. Not much more to say about it other than it works great. I paid $200.00 USD.

5. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

we carry a big breaker bar with a socket and a big box end wrench. never needs charged last 4 ever.
    also makes a great club.

6. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Mickhippy,

Ive had the Milwauke 18v corfless impact for about 2 months now and its awesome. I take it with me always, and use it frequently in the field. The cordless impact has always had enough power.

7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Got the same one...the thing is a godsend for changing blades. Had it two years...paid $185 for it.

8. dobehap

dobehap LawnSite Senior Member

Got the same one as you do MacLawnCo,

I love mine too.

Just becarefull excessive heat will kill those nicads.

9. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That is really nice. They must have JUST come out with that DeWalt, because I just inquired about them just during this past summer, and they weren't available, yet. I have the Makita 12V, and I love it. I believe I was the first one that posted about these being used, as I knew I had to have one when I saw the mechanic at my dealer use one to put a different set of blades on my mower. His was a Snap-On though, and is quite a bit pricier. But like I said, though, that Makita is a real nice unit. I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with the DeWalt, either.