Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Starbuy, Feb 27, 2012.
Sent an email to them.
I can't believe this has taken a year.
I have not been successful receiving any reply to emails I sent, have you? maybe I have a bad address? As far as them requesting a signed letter to make sure the first offer does not allow for any third party payments they said even though my claim notes have my demand for that I still had to send it through regular mail (which Ill of course send registered). They won't even accpet a fax.
When I email, they call my cell phone, number on file.
I'll send a certified letter Monday, do you have a certain address or just the one on the site?
I completely agree. I don't understand what takes so long. It's a pretty simple computer program to take the ratings on the trees, factor in the size and species, and multiply by a established dollar amount. And they had all winter to get these into that program so once they decided the trees are not getting better, it should be as simple as pushing a button that spits out a form and mails it. But then, I'm not surprised because, after all, this is Dupont we're talking about.
Doesn't make sense to me, if I was at fault, I'd want to fix it. If they were worried about long term damage to soil and water, they'd include it in the offer.
Called this am, was told since I don't have my offer yet, just to wait and include it.
Reading. So the EPA knew Dupont wasn't releasing truthful information on Teflon and sued after the fact. Where did the $16 million go? To the people affected?
More cover ups and delays, how depressing.
Cindy, I'm glad you posted that article link about those who accepted Dupont's offer not receiving a timely check. I was about to post it, but you beat me to it. I will not not approve any offer from Dupont unless it stipulates not only proper compensation but also a deadline on when the check would be issued. They want us to approve their offer within 30 days, so it's reasonable that I require them to send the FULL payment within 30 days of receiving the approved offer from me (if I do approve that is). I don't care how many claims they have, companies are used to billing people and expecting payments in 30 days, that's normal. If we have no guarantee of a deadline for payment in full, they could make you wait a year or maybe more and we'd have no recourse since we signed that we wouldn't sue them. We've got to really watch them and if they don't make things fair then forget this whole direct resolution process. I'm not waiting 5 years for a payment. I'd rather go to court and let the law make them pay and then I'd get punitive damages as well, along with probably treble (triple) compensation.
They might as well not even send me an offer if it does not have a time limit on when they have to pay me in full if I accept the offer.
If anyone or any LCO has clients who've received an offer, please let us know if that offer had any payment date from Dupont specified or any timeframe guarantee. If they don't have that I'm surprised anyone would sign such a basically worthless settlement.
Exactly, my acceptance of their offer will be 30 days and after that, it will be null and void, if I even decide now to work with them. If I get the offer in June and then have to add the additional damage in the counter offer,ties up another month for them to reply and then an additional 2 months at least for them to pay me if I agree. Seems after they get the signature and agreement, you are stuck.
I also don't care how many claims they have, they damaged our property. If you can't do your job with "x" amount of employees, hire more. Not like they didn't make a profit.
Me either. Glad the news are keeping up with it.
I'd like to see also if anyone is getting paid. Watching closely the legal group in Michigan to see their outcome.
You know I would have never dreamed that they would settle and then sit on the payments. Wonder if they are adding interest to their late payment or just collecting.