Imprellis after effects

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
From what I've learned at a few seminars lately, the dangers from Imprellis to evergreens may linger for awile. If a customer wants a dead evergreen replaced, be sure to find out what killed the tree. If it died from Imprellis, there are procedures Dupont have recommended for replacement. Just a couple. Do not grind stump, dig it out. Remove soil from area and replace with new. Add activated charcol to new soil. Burn removed tree. Grass clippings may still be a problem also. Do not use those clippings anywhere for mulch. I guess the point I'm trying to make is read up on the continuing dangers from Imprellis.

Wayne's Lawn Service

LawnSite Member
We had a problem with that herbicide as well.

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
Hey Duponte! Why do you grab the money before you know what the heck is really going on? I'm glad your company finally got stung.

Guys, look up" Duponte/Anslinger/Hearst." Big petrochemical and drug businesses rule the roost in the U.S. and poison us all and the earth.
Also, prescription drugs now kill more people than illegal illicit drugs. Argh, these guys and Monsanto P. Me off.

OP
KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Hey Duponte! Why do you grab the money before you know what the heck is really going on? I'm glad your company finally got stung.

Guys, look up" Duponte/Anslinger/Hearst." Big petrochemical and drug businesses rule the roost in the U.S. and poison us all and the earth.
Also, prescription drugs now kill more people than illegal illicit drugs. Argh, these guys and Monsanto P. Me off.
I'm not defending Dupont, however no one is exactly sure why Imprellis acted they way it did. I'm thinking they are working on the answers and we will know more as time goes on. I understand that not all Imprellis applications led to damage. Not using grass clippings as mulch is on the label. As for prescription drugs killing more than illegal drugs, that is also because they are not being taken according to direction. In other words, the legal drugs are being bought and used illegally. Today's lawn chemistry and prescription drugs are way better than even ten years ago. Does that mean there are never problems? Absolutely not, but millions go into research to try and make things the best they can.

Dr.NewEarth

LawnSite Bronze Member
The problems showed up immediately after the release of Imprellis. I believe the testing system is flawed in some ways, and financed in others!

I saw an old 1950's promo film from the manufacturers of DDT, where they had a bunch of kids eating at a picnic table. They were in a thick cloud of DDT gas being blown onto them on purpose from a ten inch hose. The makers of DDT were saying how safe their product was. There hasn't been a report released on how many of those kids died from cancer.

I'm not trying to start a fight with any-one. I'm Canadian you know.
Peace and no pesticides please.

OP
KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
No argument meant. Just conversation that hopefully leads to knowing something new! :canadaflag: :usflag: