in florida what do you charge?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by contourbs, Feb 23, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

what do you charge to fertilize?

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Its illegal to charge customers anything for fertilizer in FL...I figured everyone knew that! ;)

3. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

You can't be serious, are you?

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

No I don't believe he is serious. However if he is, then he lacks common sense and is very mis-informed.

contourbs

Watch your self about fertilizing with out a Commercial Pesticide License. Your customer will ask you to apply Weed & Feed as well as insecticide. Fines can start at $ 5,000.00 for unlicensed Pesticide application.

Straight fertilizer cost should be multiplied by 2.5 to give a price to your customer.

5. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

just fertilizing, no pestiside. fertilizing a 1/4 acre should cost about what?

6. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on your cost for the fert, no?

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Contourbs

Use two bags of 24-2-11 from Lesco this time of year. What ever you have to pay for the fertilizer times 2.5 is the price you charge. Since I buy by the pallet and use different products than you, I can not tell you your cost.

8. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,
    I'm not usually one to question those more experienced than I, but do you mean to put 24#N on 11m? In one app?

9. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I am not speaking for Ric but I think he may have mis-typed. That would be 24 pounds of N or about 2 pounds per 1000. That is ok and recommended if it is not water soluble. One pound per thousand if it is. In fact I will be putting down about a ton of that tomorrow and if the rain holds off on Friday another ton.

As far as charging. Simple, whatever you pay for any materials down here you generally multiply it by 2.5 and that is what you can comfortably charge.

10. mommacutz

mommacutz LawnSite Member

Thanks Ric, I'm a newbie and I guess I take advice a little too literally. Are you in North, Central or South Florida?