Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
first mow was a 21" mower, second mower was a 21" mower, finally got into the big time with a craftsman at the age of 16. Ahhh...those were the good old days.

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Two 21"s, Homelite trimmer and homelite BP blower, out of the trunk.
1992 was the year I started taking my own customers, mowed for many years before that for others.

·
Registered
111 Posts
first i used my dads 10 year old mower went out on me
second my grandad bought me a murray lasted about a year
third i got smart a bought a commerical honda
fourth the mower i have now is a toro 44" 15kaw floating deck gear drive got it this year

but i am only 14 so there will soon be a ztr in my future

21 honda
44"toro
kaw. trimmer kbl34a
eb7001 blower got it a week ago love it

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
I went through about a half dozen crapsman lawnmowers in my first 2 years. We got the service contracts on them, and when the mowers went out, we took them back and got new ones. And the first year we worked outta the trunk of my 1983 buick lesabre, second year I bought a Ranger. 2 years after that I got an F150. At the end of 2 years mowing, we bought a 54 inch wb and moved up since.

:D

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
My first attempt at lawncare was at the tender age of 12 in 1962. I used my parents 26" Ambassador ride on mower that had a 3.5 HP Clinton engine powering a 2 speed (F & R)gear drive transmission. Since weed whackers had not been invented I used hand clippers. I mowed our neighbors 1/2 acre lot for the huge sum of $2.00!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.