• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Income tax question

scott's turf

LawnSite Senior Member
I live in a state with no income tax and moved to a town bordering a state with an income tax. If I were to pick up work in that state would I have to pay income tax on the work done in that state?


LawnSite Bronze Member
New Hampshire
Depends..If it were on a regular route and you had a fixed day you went to that property then yes you would need to pay the income tax. If it were a one time thing, incidental, you would more than likely not have to pay. Ask your accountant. It also depends whether you were performing a service or a fertilizer application. Certain things fall under an agriculture clause