1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Indiana, Michigan, & Ohio Coronavirus info

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TWGS, Mar 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWGS

TWGS LawnSite Member

It seems as though Ohio is allowing lawn care operations. Indiana and Michigan?

2. GrassManKzoo

GrassManKzoo LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

This is what we are going on.... seen and heard multiple lawn companies out today doing apps and clean ups 69A9F741-7023-43D4-88D7-4A3B95FD7F5D.jpeg A8230D8D-8F2D-49EF-AA1F-C19E6EBA970D.png

TrainingWheels, Cam15, MILLC and 2 others like this.
  3. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

For something that affects people so greatly, they need a 100 page order to spell out what is allowed and what is not. If we go out in Michigan we are going out under "grey area" guidelines.

4. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

"Workers such as plumbers, electricians, exterminators, and other service providers who provide services that are necessary to maintaining the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences"

While wishing this was the case, I would not base such a critical decision as to whether or not you are going to seemingly defy the Governor's Executive Order on this piece-meal extraction from a much larger and more exhaustive document. Here is more from the quoted material from the Federal Government, not the closest jurisdiction body which in this case would be the State of Michigan.

We recognize that State, local, tribal, and territorial governments are ultimately in charge of implementing and executing response activities in communities under their jurisdiction, while the Federal Government is in a supporting role. As State and local communities consider COVID-19-related restrictions, CISA is offering this list to assist prioritizing activities related to continuity of operations and incident response, including the appropriate movement of critical infrastructure workers within and between jurisdictions.
    Accordingly, this list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered to be, a federal directive or standard in and of itself.
    In addition, these identified sectors and workers are not intended to be the authoritative or exhaustive list of critical infrastructure sectors and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response. Instead, State and local officials should use their own judgment in using their authorities and issuing implementation directives and guidance. Similarly, critical infrastructure industry partners will use their own judgment, informed by this list, to ensure continued operations of critical infrastructure services and functions. All decisions should appropriately balance public safety while ensuring the continued delivery of critical infrastructure services and functions.

I'll be waiting further clarity on this, it is much too gray for my liking.

Hineline, GrassManKzoo and MILLC like this.
  5. J.R. and Sons Services

J.R. and Sons Services LawnSite Senior Member

Governor of Michigan says today that Landscaping and Construction are not "essential".. I get that. I however do not get that Liquor Sales, Beer Sales, Lottery Sales, Cigarette sales, and fast food are. How is that even logical?? Also, says to social distance 6 feet apart while sitting less than 3 feet away from Doctor on live television. Trump does the same thing every single day. If it's that bad, wouldn't they be protected and isolated? Our freedom is in serious jeopardy....

GrassManKzoo likes this.
  6. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Just got that phone call too :(

Cam15 likes this.
  7. J.R. and Sons Services

J.R. and Sons Services LawnSite Senior Member

Don't get me wrong. I smoke, I have a few beers once in awhile, I buy fast food, and I purchase lottery tickets. These are not life saving essentials. These all can end lives early, Is it Pure Michigan or Pure Hypocrisy?

8. hedgehog_MI

hedgehog_MI LawnSite Senior Member

I believe the argument goes that those 7-11 types stores are sometimes the closest stores for people to buy essential items (aspirin, milk, a food product, etc.) instead of having to drive to the grocery stores if they have no transportation.

hort101 likes this.
  9. Trees Too

Trees Too LawnSite Fanatic

Ridin' Green likes this.
  10. GrassManKzoo

Male, from Kalamazoo, MI

Phone call from my boss?

Mark Oomkes and Cam15 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.