Industry Update

Gus McGee

LawnSite Senior Member

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
This year w the price hike for seed I cut down slightly on the lbs per sq ft for Overseeding . Results were still very good. I think going forward I’ll give customers 2 estimates for overseeding jobs . 1 price with heavy application and 1 price w a lighter application. Most overseeding jobs in my area are 25-50lbs so the price increase per job isn’t too crazy but def have to adjust.

Mitty87

LawnSite Gold Member
I might do a discount for seniors on fixed incomes. Not if they live in million dollar homes though. Some clients are getting 40% increases, ones that I never kept up with on increases the past couple years. Everyone else is 10-15%. All quoted work 20% higher

OP
K

knoxJRM

LawnSite Senior Member
I might do a discount for seniors on fixed incomes. Not if they live in million dollar homes though. Some clients are getting 40% increases, ones that I never kept up with on increases the past couple years. Everyone else is 10-15%. All quoted work 20% higher
What do you feel is the probability rate of someone dropping you at 40%?

SS Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
That Site One page was a sobering read. I had the hardest time procuring the right style / color of metal edging this year. Last Spring, it was hard to get some colored mulches for a couple of months too. There was some good advice in that article though such as limiting your quote to 15-30 days out. Fellas, we are about to enter more uncharted territory.

Top Forums