1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Inflation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Jan 19, 2005.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I'm in the process right now as many others are of refiguring next years rates. I found an inflation calculator here at http://www.bls.gov/cpi/home.htm

You can use it to see if you keeping pace with inflation from a given year by entering the starting amount and year.

Here's an interesting fact. I started in 1995, and the the minimum amt. for most people was $25 then, today that same yard would need to be $30.99 to keep pace with inflation. So, I think with this information, I will be raising my min from $30 last year to $32 this year. Hope this helps everyone get a better understanding on where they are inflation wise.

2. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Pritty interesting calculator Brent. I will usually kertique my prices at the beginning of the year and balance the outcome with inflation and actual profit of each individual property. Then I round it up to the nearest dollar increment. I like the calculator your found, may start using it in the equasion. Thanks!

3. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the post. Good Info