Information on townhomes, condos and apartments

FinerCutslawnCare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just curious, but how do some of you guys go about getting the information you need to contact a property manager at condos, townhomes etc. if there is now sign in the complex and no information provided to contact the property manager? I know some of the buildings I would like to place a full service bid on already have someone mowing them, but how did these guys get the business in the first place? I have been looking all over the interenet trying to find some information and just can't. Is my last option knocking on doors and asking for information?;):cry:

guitarman2420

LawnSite Senior Member
Join a local property management association and go to their annual meeting. I went to the association meeting and it cost me @ $50. I joined the association, offered to teach a course on how to select a landscaper and volunteered for the education committee. Within a couple of weeks I had appointments with two property management companies.

nightshutter

LawnSite Senior Member
Do a search. There's a ton of threads about that. A recent one was about commercial accounts. I believe its only a few threads back.

sweetland

LawnSite Bronze Member
Just curious, but how do some of you guys go about getting the information you need to contact a property manager at condos, townhomes etc. if there is now sign in the complex and no information provided to contact the property manager? I know some of the buildings I would like to place a full service bid on already have someone mowing them, but how did these guys get the business in the first place? I have been looking all over the interenet trying to find some information and just can't. Is my last option knocking on doors and asking for information?;):cry:
Hey FinerCuts,

I posted this same topic a week or so ago and i actually got some really good answers which helped a TON. Here is the link so check it out, good luck!

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=367236