Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
Sweet truck and very nice setup of the trailer/equipment, I really like that trailer tongue toolbox:laugh:

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Sweet truck and very nice setup of the trailer/equipment, I really like that trailer tongue toolbox:laugh:
if you're referring to my milk crate, which I think you are...that is where I keep my extra Stihl trimmer heads that I keep pre wound. I bought about six of them off ebay over the winter from a dealer who apparantly was selling out. Got all six for less than $40 if I remember right. I keep the tool kit that came with the KM in there as well as a pair of wire snips to cut off trimmer line with. thanks for the comments though!!:waving: gettin ready to bust loose this week...it rained here all day and temps in the high 60's to low 70's next week plus a 2x2 ad coming out in the local classified paper.

if you're referring to my milk crate, which I think you are...that is where I keep my extra Stihl trimmer heads that I keep pre wound. I bought about six of them off ebay over the winter from a dealer who apparantly was selling out. Got all six for less than $40 if I remember right. I keep the tool kit that came with the KM in there as well as a pair of wire snips to cut off trimmer line with. thanks for the comments though!!:waving: gettin ready to bust loose this week...it rained here all day and temps in the high 60's to low 70's next week plus a 2x2 ad coming out in the local classified paper.
Lol, ya thats what I was referring too, yours probably works just as good as the one I just brought, but yours was alot cheaper! I hope that ad works out for ya:waving:

thanks rws. farmboy, i bought the warrior in oct of 06 and the wasp in sept of last year.
Which one do you prefer ?? What deck width is the Wasp ??

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Could you show a little more detail on those straps that you apparently use to secure the mowers. Those look like a real simple idea.
I'll try to get you some more detailed pictures tomorrow Ed. YEah they are SUPER simple. ONe of those deals where you smack yourself and say "WHY didn't I think of that". They're so easy, Topsites could use em!!:waving:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Which one do you prefer ?? What deck width is the Wasp ??
The Wasp HP is a 36" with the 15hp Kawi. As far as which one I prefer...can't really say. I mean everything has its purpose. In an ideal world I'd love to sit on spin on the Warrior. However, there are some yards I mow where I could literally pull forward and turn around and be done with the Warrior. Honestly, there was this PITA yard that THANKFULLY the lady fired me over the winter. I was mowing it in about 17 minutes with the Warrior but there was a considerable amount of trimming I'd have to go back and do. The first time I mowed it with the Wasp, it took me 19 minutes to mow but I was still in and out in the same amount of time. I have to admit, it took some getting used to. All I had ever run was ZTR's. The Wasp has thrown me off a couple times. I'm getting better with it though. It's a cool little mower. I'd love to line up about 40-50 little .1 acre yards to knock out with it.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I have to admit I was skeptical of them. Seemed gimicky. I got four sets for Christmas. Only thing I would change about them is the bolts that are used to mount them. Comes with a phillips screw head. My air gun chewed those up. Really should have a hex bolt head on them. Use an impact with a socket and VIOLA...mounted in no time.

So you like the everrides? i just bought a couple and wondering how they cut and how they stripe. what kinda problems have you had on them if any?

Discussion starter · #32 ·
So you like the everrides? i just bought a couple and wondering how they cut and how they stripe. what kinda problems have you had on them if any?
no problems to speak of. You know I don't even think I have broken a belt yet. the Warrior stripes decent. I installed the Jungle Jim's stripe kit. THAT does need a MINOR modification that if you are interested in PM and I'll fill you in. Do a search for Everride without a striper to se some pics before the stripe kit was installed. IN the process of trying to rig up a striper for the Wasp.

no problems to speak of. You know I don't even think I have broken a belt yet. the Warrior stripes decent. I installed the Jungle Jim's stripe kit. THAT does need a MINOR modification that if you are interested in PM and I'll fill you in. Do a search for Everride without a striper to se some pics before the stripe kit was installed. IN the process of trying to rig up a striper for the Wasp.
sure a PM would be great!

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Since I have listed this thread in my signature as a link to my stuff, guess I should include a list
2004 Silverado 2500 HD Ext Cab. 6.0
*loadhandler
*B&W goseneck hitch
18 ft custom trailer. trimmer racks and lockable storage cage
Everride Warrior
***25 hp Kawasaki
*** 60 inch cut
***Jungle Jim's Chute blocker
***Jungle Jim's Baffle kit
***Gator Blade
***Wonder Hitch for Little Wonder Blower
Everride Wasp HP
***15HP Kawasaki
***36" Cut
***Bull Rider Sulky
Cub Cadet 21"
***6HP Kawasaki
Little Wonder Blower
***13HP Honda
***Swivel Wheel
Stihl FS 110 Trimmer
Stihl KM 110 Power Head
***Straight Edger
***Articlutaed Hedge Trimmer
***Pole Saw
*String Trimmer/Edgit
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG85 Handheld Blower/Vac
Cub Cadet Commercial CS 5220 Chainsaw
UPDATE. the Wasp HP got traded off this week for the Everride 19hp Kawasaki 34" Scorpion FX. Nothing wrong with the Wasp HP. Great little mower. Just that the yards I needed it for were either too small for the sulky and I'm just too lazy to walk or they were on a slope and the sulky was useless. I'll get an updated pic sometime this week.

I ordered the faststraps for my set-up. I noticed the wood screw/lag bolt that came with it on yours are loose. Better drill some holes and bolt them down better. Don't want to loose a mower. :) I'll be using 3/8 carriage bolts to secure my faststraps and Prolocker.

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Since I have listed this thread in my signature as a link to my stuff, guess I should include a list

UPDATE

2004 Silverado 2500 HD Ext Cab. 6.0
*Loadhandler
*B&W gooseneck hitch
18 ft custom trailer. trimmer racks and lockable storage cage
Everride Warrior
***25 hp Kawasaki
*** 60 inch cut
***Accelerator 6.2 cuft catcher
***Jungle Jim's Baffle kit
***Gator Blade
***Wonder Hitch for Little Wonder Blower
Everride Scorpion FX
***19HP Kawasaki
***34" Cut
***Accelerator 4.3 Cu Ft Catcher
Cub Cadet 21"
***6HP Kawasaki
Little Wonder Blower
***13HP Honda
***Swivel Wheel
Stihl FS 110 Trimmer
Stihl KM 110 Power Head
***Straight Edger
***Articulated Hedge Trimmer
***Pole Saw
***String Trimmer/Edgit
*** Blower
*** Extension Shaft
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG85 Handheld Blower/Vac
Stihl SG 20 Back Pack Sprayer
Stihl HS 81 Hedge Trimmer
Cub Cadet Commercial CS 5220 Chainsaw

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.