1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Initial Commercial Contact

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Jun 10, 2000.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I am doing 95% residential that has been acquired from flyers and word of mouth. I do 2 small commercial (18k and 6k sq ft)properties also aquired from word of mouth.<p>Next year I want to start taking on some medium sized commercial properties. There is a good number of them being built in my area now and I am wondering how to approach them. Should I make up a full color advertising packet or do the cold call or show up on site and pitch my business. Also who do I approach? These properties are a minimum of 3 acres and I'm not looking for much bigger than 6 acres if that matters.<p>I'm just wondering what worked for you when you decided to get a little more commercial.Thanks.

2. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

MowEd,<br> I would have a brochure done up with<br>some pics of your nicest jobs.Either phone or<br>visit subdivision project managers,estate<br>agent,ect. and ask if they would be interested in you pricing some of their jobs.<br>Offer to leave a brochure or post it,with a<br>business card.If you approach in person,dress<br>tidy,don't smoke or swear,and be confident<br>when you answer any questions.It makes people<br>uneasy if you stumble and mumble your responses.<br>Any further questions,I'm at<br>southside@windsor.net.au<p>Karl<br>