Input, Suggestions, Opinions Wanted.

Dave24

LawnSite Member
Hi

I am about to purchase a new WB and wanted to get some feedback from those who use this type of equipment frequently.

I have gotten prices on the Exmark Metro 32" Gear Drive, and the Gravely ProWalk 36GR. So far, I can get them for about the same price.

I wanted to get feed back on what you guys think is the better value. The dealers are about the same distance from me, (15 minutes) and they both seem to be very helpful and knowledgeable.

The Gravely deck seems to be easier to adjust, but I would not be adjusting it very often.

I am a homeowner with about an acre to cut every 4-5 days, and about 3 acres to cut once in a while. (my parents place). Both are fairly flat and open areas with some trees and islands to negotiate. (nothing tight though).

Any help, or suggestions would be appreciated.
David

tjg184

LawnSite Member
Just curiously, is there a reason you're not looking at a ZTR? I am in a similar situation. I have heard a lot of good things on the Exmark Metro though.

OP
D

Dave24

LawnSite Member
I have looked at the ZTR's a few years ago. Money got tight, so I dropped the idea.

Honestly, I enjoy getting out and cutting the grass. I like the exercise and the personal time. It's just the times when I can't get it cut when I want, or it's a little damp that I have a problem with. My little Honda 21" just can't handle the thick bermuda grass if I let it go a little longer than I should between cuts.

For the money, I feel like I can get a little better quality WB than a ZTR.

David

tjg184

LawnSite Member
I have looked at the ZTR's a few years ago. Money got tight, so I dropped the idea.

Honestly, I enjoy getting out and cutting the grass. I like the exercise and the personal time. It's just the times when I can't get it cut when I want, or it's a little damp that I have a problem with. My little Honda 21" just can't handle the thick bermuda grass if I let it go a little longer than I should between cuts.

For the money, I feel like I can get a little better quality WB than a ZTR.

David
Thanks David. That makes sense. Keep us posted on what you decide. Thanks

dieseltech

LawnSite Senior Member
I would go with whatever you like best. Personally i like exmark but thats me
Posted via Mobile Device

OP
D

Dave24

LawnSite Member
Well, I went and did a couple of "test drives" yesterday. It looks like I will be going with the Exmark.

I can't say that I think one is better than the other, although I do prefer the Exmark's ECS controls over that of the Gravely. The dealer is what I am buying. The Exmark dealer really went out of his way to explain everything, let me drive it around their lot, and....he was just a heck of a nice guy.

Exmark coming soon!

Thanks for ya'lls help and suggestions.

David

avguy

LawnSite Senior Member
I cut my 2 acres of bermuda with an Exmark 48TTHP. I fertilize every month cutting every 3 days. I'm very satisfied with it & have good dealer support as well. Congrats!