Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright it starts off like this ........
I get a letter from my ins. company asking me to fill out this survey for their underwriters. OK whatever, I fill it out and send it in. Two days later I get another letter about some type of ins. audit ....... "please fill out this questionnaire, fax to this number, and we are going to call you on this day to complete." WTF!? All the questions were answered on the survey paper that I had just gotten a few days earlier, and most questions pertained to employees and employee wages. I don't have employees therefore don't pay any wages, and I have liability ins. not workman's comp through this company, so I don't see where if I did have employees there wages would be of any concern to them.

Anyway, I call the number on the sheet about the audit, and tell the lady "I just answered all of this on the survey sheet and sent it in you should have it in a couple days" to which she replied "We are an independent company hire by your ins. company to conduct this audit, so we will not get that information. You will need to fill out the papers and fax them, and we will call you for the phone interview on the scheduled day"

Now I am annoyed because this lady wouldn't give me a time, or let me set up a time for the call. They expect me to wait around all day on a Tuesday for them to call. I told the lady to not expect an answer when they called.

I'm just getting fed up with it. I pay my premium, have never filed a claim turn in all the crap they ask for, and I have to spend more time dealing with them than I do on invoicing customers. Does anyone else get this type of crap out of their ins. company?

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
Alright it starts off like this ........
I get a letter from my ins. company asking me to fill out this survey for their underwriters. OK whatever, I fill it out and send it in. Two days later I get another letter about some type of ins. audit ....... "please fill out this questionnaire, fax to this number, and we are going to call you on this day to complete." WTF!? All the questions were answered on the survey paper that I had just gotten a few days earlier, and most questions pertained to employees and employee wages. I don't have employees therefore don't pay any wages, and I have liability ins. not workman's comp through this company, so I don't see where if I did have employees there wages would be of any concern to them.

Anyway, I call the number on the sheet about the audit, and tell the lady "I just answered all of this on the survey sheet and sent it in you should have it in a couple days" to which she replied "We are an independent company hire by your ins. company to conduct this audit, so we will not get that information. You will need to fill out the papers and fax them, and we will call you for the phone interview on the scheduled day"

Now I am annoyed because this lady wouldn't give me a time, or let me set up a time for the call. They expect me to wait around all day on a Tuesday for them to call. I told the lady to not expect an answer when they called.

I'm just getting fed up with it. I pay my premium, have never filed a claim turn in all the crap they ask for, and I have to spend more time dealing with them than I do on invoicing customers. Does anyone else get this type of crap out of their ins. company?
get used to it every year.

·
Registered
15,214 Posts
Don't worry about it. This company HAS to get this info, and will go to any means to do so. They will end up working with you. They will end up sending you a letter with a number on it that you can call when you are able to. This is just an audit for the insurance company, and will be performed every year. If you are paying no wc, you are completely in the clear, and it is a very simple procedure. Don't shoot the messenger, though...because they are just an independent audit company that is hired to do this. Any and every experience (every year) I've had with these guiys has always been pleasant.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They just started this crap this year. I incorporated in '05 and never had to deal with it before now. Just can't figure out why they need to double dip on the information. Send out the survey or do the audit pick one and get it over with. The survey form should have been enough, the information on there gave them pretty any information you could think short of the name of my first born.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
We fill it out every year....twice one for our GL coverage and one for our WC coverage. It basically sucks but you have to do it. If you don't they assume worse case and your rates will go up. My GL is based on gross income so they want to see what range I'm in too make sure I don't owe more.

Good news is I can fill mine out online and quickbooks will provide most info they want in a flash. Two years ago I actually had an auditor schedule an appointment and had to sit down with him and show him some paperwork.

just part of the business owner headache:hammerhead:

·
Registered
156 Posts
It seems that Insurance companies are auditing more and more these days. Maybe if your labor costs are down, you will get a refund. They will audit both the WC and GL. It is part of doing this business right.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It called bureaucracy. That's why I work for myself. But we never fully get away from it. I get the same thing, however, I am not expected to wait around for them to call at the appointment day. They call and leave me a message. When I get time I call them back, and usually end up leaving them a message. I will sometimes give my numbers on their voice mail. That is what I did this year, and they have not called me back yet. I assume there was no problem. Still no as bad as dealing with the government though.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I finished all my ins. homework they sent filled out all the papers, went back through files to find all the little detail crap they asked for and then...........got the audit call (happened to be home for lunch when they called). So I am on the phone with this lady and I tell her I have all the information filled out on the sheet they sent and I'm ready to answer the questions. Her first question "what was your payroll for '07?"
I answer "Nothing, I have no employees"
2nd question is "What is your current, and projected payroll for '08?"
answer "nothing I told you I have no employees"
to that she says thank you thats all I need. I ask if I need to fax or mail the form back to them as there is a lot more information on the form they sent for me to fill out. She tells me no and thanks me again for my time and hangs up the phone.

WTF??!!!!

I spent a couple hours filling out these sheets so everything would be ready and all they wanted to know was what I paid people to work for me. What a load of BS.
I just needed to vent some frustration on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.