• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Insecticide

rwsawal04

LawnSite Member
What's a good overall insecticide I can use? I had a few problems with insects last year. I'm looking for something I can get from a chemical store like lesco, helena etc. not lowes or walmart.

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic
What's a good overall insecticide I can use? I had a few problems with insects last year. I'm looking for something I can get from a chemical store like lesco, helena etc. not lowes or walmart.
DDT, Chlordane, Dursban, Napalm.

Time to get educated. :)

ted putnam

LawnSite Fanatic
We used "det cord" on Fire Ant Mounds at the Fire Academy years ago. It didn't do much to take care of the Queen(You'd need a "bunker buster" for that) but it sure was fun to watch...

Young Bros

LawnSite Senior Member
Allectus g, and Aloft will control insects that eat the lawn all summer long. They are preventative and currative.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Qualify your question better; what insects have caused what problems on what plants under what conditions at what time of year?
My question exactly. Know your enemy, its location and its weaknesses.

OP
rwsawal04

rwsawal04

LawnSite Member
I mostly had problems out of chinch bugs, ant, and grubs, but thanks for all the information guys. The chinch bugs really work with that st. augustine last year.