Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am having a problem with ants crawling on my sidewalk adjacent to my lawn. is there any type of commercial insect spray that I can use without
killling my grass.

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
Talstar or Merit for long term control. If the ants are the only insect you are after try a simple bait. But with out knowing what ant you have I can not say which product will better serve you.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Merit is not going to control ants unless they are eating the grass. Talstar, Astro, Deltaguard, Sevin, etc. should all do the job.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Last time I checked Imidacloprid Is also a termiticide, which bonds to soil. With that said if it is put down with the right volume of water, you will create a barrier that ants will not pass through.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A.T.A.K said:
Last time I checked Imidacloprid Is also a termiticide, which bonds to soil. With that said if it is put down with the right volume of water, you will create a barrier that ants will not pass through.
You are partially correct, however, Merit does not control ants via a soil barrier. It controls aphids and other sucking-insects that ants tend in order to have a supply of honeydew that is supplied from the secretions of these plant-sucking insects. That being said, if you remove the food source of a particular pest you will aid in controlling of that particular pest.

·
Registered
692 Posts
A.T.A.K said:
Are any Imidacloprid products labelled for ants?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.