Installing Christmas lights on the roof line.

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by T-Horn, Mar 2, 2015.

?

How would you rate the product?

Poll closed Mar 8, 2015.
  1. Would recommend to a friend?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Would not recommend?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Is there a better product?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Is price reasonable?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. T-Horn

T-Horn LawnSite Member

By far the best way to install lights to the roof line of your house. Check out website. www.cannysystems.com

651347_01cb63603f2449578fad6dae35a44283.jpg

2. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

Only sponsors are allowed to push their products on this forum. You might get a cold shoulder from others.

3. OP
    OP
    T-Horn

T-Horn LawnSite Member

Guess I should have read the fine print! Not really looking to push a product as much as looking for feedback. Trying to get unbiased opinions.

4. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

It's expensive, but it is clever.
    Here's you competition:
    1. A staple that costs $0.01
    2. A all in one or shingle tab that costs $0.15

So you are 5 times more expensive for an installer and 80 times more for a typical home owner.

I'm no roofing expert, but are all ridge caps the same? I know I have a ridge vent, so that might not fit on my ridge. People might get a little mad if they climb up there and find out it doesn't fit their roof.

If the fit question can be resolved, I'd probably stock it in my store if we could get the price down.

5. OP
    OP
    T-Horn

T-Horn LawnSite Member

Hotrod1965,

Great feedback! I appreciate the thoughtfulness of your assessment. You represent the exact audience we’re looking to hear from.

In response, we understand consumers have other cost options with light attachment methods. You made a good point; we can’t compete cost-wise with a staple or a standard light clip. Where we intend to stand out is in application. Our product was designed with the intent to spend less time hassling with installation and more enjoying your work. The solutions we were targeting in our design are to:

• eliminate potential roof damage to shingles caused by having to pry up the shingle; breaking the seal
    • allow installers an ergonomic user friendly solution that reduces installation time
    • position lights at the peak of the ridge so they can be visible from all directions versus most current solutions that align lights to the bottom edge.

Thanks again for the feedback. We look forward and encourage other enthusiasts to post viewpoints.

Best Regards,

T-Horn

6. hotrod1965

hotrod1965 LawnSite Senior Member

So is it universal? Will it fit all/most roof ridges?

7. OP
    OP
    T-Horn

T-Horn LawnSite Member

The Ridge Clip was designed to fit standard 3-Tab and laminated asphalt shingles. We are currently experimenting with other ridge type's to confirm application. We will update our website as we discover other ridge type's the clip can be applied to. I will let you know as soon as those details are available.
    Thanks again for the question.

Regard,

T-Horn