Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
930 Posts
I try and keep the manifold as close to the house as I can. Most of the time I have to dig 10-15 feet for the PVC mainline, But on the larger yards where I need two valve boxes, I connect in the house and in and out of the PVB with PVC, go under the rock border along the house, then immediatly change to a poly mainline. I've been using poly main for about a month or two now. Then I just branch off to the two manifolds with the puller and I'm all set.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I spend the extra time and hand dig the mainline, and lay [never pull the controller wire!] the wire at the same time. Takes a little longer but overall I can see where everything is. My motto is take the time to do Quality work and not just do it the quickest and easiest way to get i n and out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have a Case DH4 vibratory plow and a Case maxi-sneaker vibratory plow along with a Ditch Witch r-100, Ditch Witch 7020, Komatsu PC 60 excavator and a Hitachi 110 excavator. We do mainly golf Course work along with some athletic fields.

We try to pull 2.5" and 2" pipe where conditions allow. We can pull up tp 150' continous with up to 30 wires with the plow blades we use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.