Insurance and Licenses

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mcwlandscaping, Jul 28, 2005.

  1. mcwlandscaping

    mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,163

    How much are typical city and state licenses for landscaping? Also, same question for the liability insurance. I think my business has grown so big that I may need it next year. I know I would have to do it through my parents. If anyone knows the rates and prices it would be greatly appreciated. Especially from someone from NH. THANKS

  2. imdawrlus

    imdawrlus LawnSite Member
    Messages: 49

    kid your 14 stop worrying about that kind of stuff..just keep cutting grass...
  3. ClayMcC

    ClayMcC LawnSite Member
    Messages: 57

    Congrats on your new Metro! (I also have a Metro 48... got mine back in 1995).

    Ok... about insurance. I only do a few yards to make some extra money, and for the exercise, but I think insurance is important. I just have liability, but since you have a new, expensive mower, you might want to get it covered too.

    I pay about $250 per year. My deductible is $1,000. The underwriting company name is Zurich. My Agent is a local company (I think)... Zander.

    Basically, my policy says that I'm allowed to cut grass, weed eat, trim hedges... just the general stuff... but it's specific about what I can't do. I'm not allowed to use a chain saw, for example.

    Have you visited the section here called: "Books, Templates, Forms, Tutorials"? I think I'm going to spend the $140 and get the whole package... from reading all they're offering... seems like it's worth every penny.

    Good luck with your business. I wish you success.
  4. mcwlandscaping

    mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,163

    And could anyone describe the process of getting the insurance and licenses?
  5. MMLawn

    MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,569

    Yeah.....wait 4 more years until you are 18 years old...cause a 14 year old such as yourself can't have or obatin comeercial insurance or a business license.

Share This Page