Insurance& bond

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brandon S, Sep 8, 2009.

  1. Brandon S

    Brandon S LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    Fellas I need help iam jus gettin started in lawn care an to get some of the bigger accounts they say I have to be insuranced an bonded so ! So my question to y'all ! Where do I get bonded at an how much is that goin to cost ? And do I need my lic first?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. cpt87gn

    cpt87gn LawnSite Member
    Messages: 218

    yes im intrested too
  3. Rivervalleylawns

    Rivervalleylawns LawnSite Member
    Messages: 146

    Check out american eagle bonding. its out of phoenix, az but they can do bonds anywhere. Tell her marshall sent you and you should get a good deal.
    On insurance just get a bunch of quotes and compare. Just remember it is a biz for them so you need to really find the best deal for the best coverage. Generally on commercial properties you will need a mil general liability, all the way up to 3 mil. After that just get out and talk to as many people as you can. And remember, your selling yourself (your business), so dont be shy or afraid, of someone saying no thank you we already have a maintenance guy. You will learn an approach that works best for you and stick with it. Wish you guys the best of luck.
  4. citygreenlandscaping

    citygreenlandscaping LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    You have to have your master business license first. But before that you have to go on the IRS website and get your EIN number. Then you get your UBI from the state. Then you can get insurance from this email; They will take great care of you. I shoped around for a really long time. There truly are the best. If you have any question let me know.
  5. Brandon S

    Brandon S LawnSite Member
    Messages: 82

    Thanks fellas that's really goin to help me alot
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. ox6603

    ox6603 LawnSite Member
    from SE PA
    Messages: 84

    You don't need an EIN unless you're hiring employees. You can always get one once you're ready to hire. Check into your state/local regulations as to whether you need a business license.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. txgrassguy

    txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,083

    Dude, you need to check with your state comptrollers office for specific info unique to your state.
    Bonding isn't an issue with a decent insurance underwriter as almost all bonds are issued according to the liability limits set forth under whatever general liability insurance you may have.
    So basically, no insurance - no bond.

Share This Page