1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance help!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TheSandman, Jan 23, 2014.

1. JF660R

JF660R LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from SW MO

How does one find out all this info for their particular state?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Contact your state insurance commissioner or your local insurance agent. Both should have all the answers you seek.
    easy-lift guy

3. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

For knowing if your personal insurance will cover commercial use? I would have the insurance company send you in writing that they will cover it. Here it is also a registration issue as well though.

As far as transferring ownership/title from personal to business with out paying a second sales tax? I don't know where to tell you to look for that. I had herd about it and searched the states different sites and found nothing is I figured it was just a rumor. Then when I went to swap the registration to the business name, the lady at the registry told me I didn't have to pay the sales tax since my business was under 6 months old. She didn't have the paperwork but new how to put it through. If I was to try to grind more info here in MA I would check further with the Div of Issurance or the Sec of State's Corporation Division