1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance problem

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Mattitude, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Mattitude

Mattitude LawnSite Member
    from WV

Have any of you guys had problems getting insurance? I just called my Erie agent, whom i have my vehicle and home thru and they said that thier underwriters won't write a policy on a new business. Said I would need to have been in business for 1-3yrs.

2. bcx400

bcx400 LawnSite Member
    from PA

Mattitude- I had the same thing happen with Erie 6 years ago. Your best bet is to deal with an independent insurance agency. They deal with many different insurance companies, and will tailor a policy to fit your specific needs.

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I was having the same problem two weeks ago. The company that I am getting insurance through called a underwriter out of St. Paul or it is called St. Paul. Sorry about not being able to give you any more info at this point, but I will try to find out this week the name of the underwriter and let you know.
    They will not give a payment plan option to start with which is not a big deal for me. For a $1,000,000.00 policy it is going to cost me just under $700.00 for the first year with no employees.

Good luck and I will try to get you some more info on this

Justin