Insurance providers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by GrassHacker, Oct 17, 2017.

1. GrassHacker

GrassHacker LawnSite Member

Hello and thanks for stopping in. I am looking for insurance provider recommendations. I am shopping for general liability and inland marine work comp.

I have called Hiscox, Insureon State Farm. I have done several searches for a industry specific company and i have not been able to find one. Any help suggestions welcome. Thanks for your time.

2. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I have hiscox. Geico commercial for auto

GrassHacker likes this.
  3. grassmonkey0311

grassmonkey0311 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MD/NC

I have State Auto right now and have used Main Street America Group in the past. Both are/were excellent for me.

GrassHacker likes this.
  4. GrassHacker

GrassHacker LawnSite Member

Hiscox was double for general liability. 1257.00 a year. Nationwide was the one that quoted it. When I did through Hiscox online it was 575.00 a year. But then when I call they transfer me to another company. So to be honest I’m not sure what the deal is with them. A company called commercial insurance was 1250.00 for general & inland marine. For the year.

5. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I pay 500 a year directly . No employees. They didn’t ask for income or anything

6. oqueoque

oqueoque LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Jersey

Did you call the Wyoming department of banking & Insurance to see if they could recommend some for you?

7. River

River LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Wisconsin

I’ve got progressive. It was cheaper than geico and state farm

GrassHacker likes this.
  8. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out Erie. It might be good in your area might not. I switch med everything from Hartford to Erie after getting quotes. It saved me about a grand a year even after having an at fault wreck with them.

9. BJWLAWNCARE

BJWLAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

I have QBE now I had Donegal previously. My agent has access to dozens of providers so that is usually your best route. Have them shop for you

10. kemco

kemco LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess best advice is go to a general agent that can quote 10 or 15 companies and you take the best you can find.

GrassHacker and oqueoque like this.