1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

insurance rates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KDJ, Oct 15, 2001.

1. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I have passed up a ton of work because I was insured for just
    lawn care. I been wanting to do some pressure cleaning, here
    in Florida there is a need for that. Could have painted a garage
    for (inside) 225.00 passed that up to. (damm) So I called up my insurance company and told them what I wanted to do.
    They wrote up a policy as a Handyman and saved me 40.00 a year??? I can now do most anything. Is this to good to be true??

2. lawnboy82

lawnboy82 Banned

I would be interested to see what you can do as far as digging and cutting of trees goes. I believe though that the first accident you cause is on them, after that they don't have to cover you. So for example you cut a tree and it tears up some gutters or something, you are not insured for cutting trees, you are covered for landscaping. According to what I hear they will cover those gutters, but after that you are on your own. I believe there is a good amount of truth to this, just don't want to have to find out, if you catch my drift. ;)

3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

With the lawn care only insurance I wasn't covered for tree service, same goes for the handyman insurance. I don't do tree
    work. As far as digging i'am covered to 12 inches deep. So I would be able to repair sprinkers and a little fence repair. I didn't have that on my lawn care only insurance. ( key word "ONLY" ) I talked about and questioned the difference in the policys and for me it sure seem the better way to go. More insurance less money, But the more I think about it even if it cost more It would seem to be a better deal. A handyman opens work up to almost anything$$$$$$$