1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Insurance Rates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by stevesmowing, Nov 22, 2004.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

Right now I am 16 and this has been my 3rd year in the business. Next year I def. need to pick up insurance. I was curious how much I should be expecting to pay for liability, and commercial on the truck and so forth. Any ideas where to get the insurance? I heard Erie was good and need to look into them more. Also would I have any problems with getting the business registered with the county even though I am minor. I know I can't sign contract.

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I use American Family but i get a discount for for having 3 policies with them

3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

I've got Erie & Niagara. It's about $600/year. Tons of contractors in Upstate NY use them.

4. aees115

aees115 LawnSite Member

i get insurance for less then a 1000 for a great premium. i think you may have a problem with starting a bank account when you underaged thats usally how you sign up with the state. i dont think the county will give you trouble though

5. Husky03

Husky03 LawnSite Senior Member

$600 a year for 1 mil. liabilty? How much more is commercial drivers insurance over regular insurance?

6. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

ours is about 1K/year for million $ coverage.
    then auto (liability, collision, and comprehensive) is about $3000.00/year (for 4 vehickes)