Insurance Requirements

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by danp, May 8, 2003.

  1. danp

    danp LawnSite Member
    Messages: 30

    Have any of you had a client require you to carry $2Million commercia;l auto ins?

    If so, did you provide it through an umbrella policy?

    Thanks in advance for the feedback

  2. tiedeman

    tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth
    Messages: 8,745

    I am surprised this link hasn't been moved yet to the business section.............

    well, I personally have never had to carry over a million, but yes they are called umbrella policies.
  3. LawnLad

    LawnLad LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 738

    Typically what you'll have is a 1 mil general liability and 1 mil auto with an umbrella policy of 1 or 2 mil that will cover both your general or auto if needed. It's a good way to add more protection at a nominal cost.

    Also - it can give you a little marketing edge too if you care to advertise your insurance rates (I'd rather not personally, but....) since the larger policy sets you apart from the typical minimums of $300 K.
  4. wriken

    wriken LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,154


Share This Page