Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MikeD520, May 4, 2005.

  1. MikeD520

    MikeD520 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 57

    To anyone that operates a fertilizer and pesticide company: What type of insurance do you carry? I carry two policies, a pesticide/herbicide policy and a full landscaping policy. The closest thing that I do to landscaping activities would be overseeding. I'm just curious if any insurance companies offer stand-alone fertilizing insurance. I haven't found any, yet.
  2. Equipguy

    Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 370

    We have a separate company set up to handle our pest control and fertilizer apps. The insurance is written through American Safety Risk Retention Group and covers only the pest control business.I'm sure an independent agent in your area can help you. Good luck.
  3. MikeD520

    MikeD520 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 57


    Thanks for the reply. I called the actual insurance provider today. The person informed me that the pesticide/herbicide policy covers any product that is regulated by the Department of Agriculture and has agricultural uses. According to her, I am adequately insured.

Share This Page