1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnBoy89, Aug 22, 2007.

  1. LawnBoy89

    LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 967

    I'm in a predicament here...insurance. When you're 18 with 2 speeding tickets and an accident that you were at fault (even though I really wasn't) your insurance payments are pretty steep. Anyways, to the point.... right now I have not registered as a business yet although I will in the next couple weeks/months. I have 2 trucks, 2002 F-350 and 1996 F-250. The 350 is nice but it's not a work truck its more for luxury but I can't afford to insure both, well I could but I don't really make enough money to justify it. I was wondering if I was to strictly use one for work would it be cheaper to insure, register and insure it through the business as a commercial vehicle? I don't know what to do tell me what you guys think thanks alot.
  2. Petr51488

    Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ
    Messages: 2,377

    I'm 19, and to insure an 08 gmc will cost me nearly half of what it would cost under a regular policy (3k full coverage). I go through the insurance company that i have my liability for, which makes it so much cheaper. Some agencies didnt even want to give me coverage because of my age. I have nothing on me record at all. (although males start off with 2 points off the bat)

Share This Page