1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by newjerseylandscaping, Oct 9, 2010.

  1. KolenLawns

    KolenLawns LawnSite Member
    Messages: 11

    xclusive: I'm assuming that the procedure for the state of Arkansas would be similar? Dude, I have to admit that I thought owning one business I knew how to do this and I'm finding out that being a different industry makes it TOTALLY different.
  2. xclusive

    xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,054

    It prob is somewhat similar, but you would get a better answer from somebody in Arkansas. Yes different industries will definitely have different set of rules/laws/procedures to follow which makes it difficult when you change industries.
  3. cgaengineer

    cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 15,778

    You shouldn't need a D0T number.

    Trailer is usually covered by the vehicle it being pulled with.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  4. newjerseylandscaping

    newjerseylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,174

    Thanks xclusive.
  5. xclusive

    xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,054

    Sorry not a DOT #, I meant a DEP#. The reason I said DOT # was cause thats what he asked about.

    Also when the trailer is being covered by the vehicle pulling it there are more restrictions to what is and what is not covered. Trailer insurance is cheap.
  6. LB1234

    LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member
    Messages: 3,208

    Please! Please! Please! Please! Please go speak with a professional that can help you. First an accountant and then an insurance agent. After that you may want to think about an attorney, especially if going to be a partnership and the like.

    Its great that everyone (including me) is giving you advise and telling you this and telling you that...but ultimately you are responsible for anything and everything that happens within your company.

    For example, someone has said the minimum for the NJHIC license is 1 mil coverage, its not its 500k. Someone also said you needed a pest license for fertilizer and pesticide applications. You do not need it for just fertilizer applications but you do for ANY pesticide applications. I'm not trying to point fingers but just show that mistakes can happend and you won't be able to turn around and say this is what was told to me on lawnsite.

Share This Page