1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .


Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cutterj, Jan 13, 2003.

  1. cutterj

    cutterj LawnSite Member
    Messages: 42

    what kind of insurance do i need to get. I know about work comp, but do i judt get general liability, or do i need the Business Owners plan and commercial auto, i also saw something on Wells fargo called the umbrella liability.
  2. walker-talker

    walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest
    Messages: 4,771

    Definetly general liability and commercial auto.

  3. greenman

    greenman LawnSite Addict
    Messages: 1,405

    General liability for sure. An umbrella can be included, if you need it? Do you have employees? That is where the work. comp. comes in. You do not need it for yourself. Check on your auto insurance for coverage if you have an accident while "on the job". If you have a lot of equipment, you may want to include some type of equipment insurance, in case something should come up stolen (this can probably be included with your business liability insurance).

Share This Page