1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Neals, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Neals

    Neals LawnSite Member
    Messages: 12

    First of all, I usually don't post, just read, and the posts have been helpful. Now I have a post and need input.

    I live in Southern Illinois. I am insured for my Lawn Care Service.
    I am trying to expand. So I did the self study stuff and then drove 150 miles one way to Springfield, Illinois to take some tests, for a Commercial Applicators License (which everyone has to take) then you take a test in one of the Eleven (11) subcategories of Licenses ( Right of Way Pest Control). Spraying Roundup etc. for weeds.

    Well I actually passed the first time. Now here come the question? After you pass the test, Illinois requires you to obtain Insurance and send a copy along with your application in order to get your license. My current Insurance Company does not have a coverage, nor do they sell it for spraying weeds. Does anyone know any Insurance Co. that offers a policy for just spraying for weeds?
  2. jeff_0

    jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md
    Messages: 401

    erie insurance
  3. lawndreamer

    lawndreamer LawnSite Member
    Messages: 54

    You going to spray for utilities and things? I do that sometimes now. Nice to get a contract for 5 years for a utility for two or three spray crews.
  4. bluemoon7

    bluemoon7 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 55

    West Bend Mutual

Share This Page