Insurance

gwdlawn

LawnSite Member
I just passed my applicators license exam. I received paperwork stating I need general liability insurance policy for 50,000 before they will issue my license. This seems low for insurance but at this point I don't even have a customer so the 1 million policy everyone wants to sell will be costly just to get the license.

So how much coverage did most of you start with and how expensive are we talking?
Thanks for all the help

JLSLLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Did you get a quote? When I got mine it wasn’t that much to get a 1mil policy, For lawns and general landscaping..not spray

zlandman

LawnSite Bronze Member
should be able to get gl and e&o for about $600-$700/yr.
Congrads on the license, keep your records and stuff up.

bulliebullybull

LawnSite Member
I just passed my applicators license exam. I received paperwork stating I need general liability insurance policy for 50,000 before they will issue my license. This seems low for insurance but at this point I don't even have a customer so the 1 million policy everyone wants to sell will be costly just to get the license.

So how much coverage did most of you start with and how expensive are we talking?
Thanks for all the help
Got hiscox completely online. Quick easy $150 down $40 a month for $300,00 of coverage.

fireball756

LawnSite Senior Member
Remember that each state is different for insurance coverages. So what we quote might not be available to you. Take the insurance required for the license and find yourself a good agent. A good agent will talk you through it so you understand it. What eventually happens is the insurance company will audit your books. The general liability is based upon your sales. The workman’s compensation is based upon wages paid. Only thing that is a static fee is riders such as equipment coverage and pollution liability. Sad thing is when you realize that it cost you money to be in business before you do any work