Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jrt1021, Feb 21, 2004.

  1. jrt1021

    jrt1021 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    I am thinking about getting back into cutting grass this summer. I did it for years working for someone before I went into the military. My time is finally up and I would like to do it on a small part time basis starting out. My question is, what kind of insurance do I need. Id hate to send a rock through someones window or something. Do you have to have a business license to get insurance for cutting small lawns part time. Any advise would be appreciated.
  2. Rhodester

    Rhodester LawnSite Member
    Messages: 48

    General business liability on the business.

    Business liability on the vehicle.

    Cover your a$$ets.

    License requirements vary with location.

  3. FFMED74

    FFMED74 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana
    Messages: 242

    General liability and I got a great rate with erie. $325 for the year, that is solo and my equiptment and 1mil/2mil coverage.

Share This Page