1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

International 4700

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by OSU 09, Jun 10, 2011.

1. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Just picked up a 93 International 4700 and am loving it. Up until now we have been using chevy 3500, but it was time for another dump and I thought why no go bigger. My question is this, is it possible to turn a normal 4700 into a low profile version. Is it just a matter of wheel and tire size? It would make it much easier to work out of. Thanks

2. ljhanson12345

ljhanson12345 LawnSite Member

If there's a will there's a way

3. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

Not that I know of. Low pro means more then wheels and tires.

4. Fordsuvparts

Fordsuvparts LawnSite Senior Member

It can be done but you have to change a lot of parts. I have both a 91 4700 low pro with 19.5" wheels and a 1993 4700 that has 22" wheels. The brakes and drums on the rear are different, the front hubs are a different bolt pattern as are the rear. The low pro version has a 6 lug bolt pattern similar to an Isuzu NPR, and the standard size has a standard semi bud wheel. The axle ratio is also different because of the tire and wheel size. Low pro has 225/70/19.5 tire and wheel and the standard model has a 11R22 tire and wheel size. Send me a message I might be willing to do the swap for you since I have a complete parts truck at my shop, complete from axles, front suspension, brakes and tires and wheels.