1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Internet Advertising

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Stonehenge, Aug 13, 2001.

1. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

How many of you have blanketed the Net and it's various 'service' websites with your corporate message?

I signed up for the YP's Smartpages.com - I'm anxious to see if it produces any results. I paid to get into the first page of listings - if you don't, it takes about 10-20x as long to get to the 'Z' listings as it would by just opening the book.

But I also see some of my competitors have paid to get into the various service listings on the Net - I can't think of the names now, but you know what I mean - people can run searches and find a local landscaper, painter, carpenter, etc.

Has anyone had success with this yet?

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Our website was submitted to a local search engine where people of our area can go to find local businesses. It was free and it got us a couple of new accounts this past year.

3. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

This year will be our first in the smart pages also. I see that there are a lot of our competition in there too. I also hope that it generates a few customers for us. I guess we will just have to wait and see. ;)