Interview questions

Discussion in 'Employment' started by JFGLN, Feb 7, 2018.

1. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I need to hire a couple of guys but I'm not good at interviewing. I'm mostly interested in somebody that shows up on time and is ready to work. Help me with some question ideas.

Thanks!

2. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Gold Member
    from Chicago

What was your last job? When did you stop working there? Why? Who was your supervisor there? How would your supervisor describe your work ethic? Do you have a vaild dl and reliable transportation? What made you apply for this job? What about this job interest you the most?

3. Trillium Landscaping

Trillium Landscaping LawnSite Member

Also ask for resumes, its a good indicator about their character....

4. jrodgers

jrodgers LawnSite Senior Member

Theses days....tell the applicant to put out his hand and make a fist. Proceed with your middle and index finger to feel for a pulsating around the wrist. Feel it? Yes? Hired!Thumbs Up

5. Todd73

Todd73 LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Florida

Q: What would you say your weaknesses are?

A: Coming up with good answers to "What are your weakness" questions.

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Yep...Thumbs Up

7. S.L. Dionne

S.L. Dionne LawnSite Member

If you can even get them to show up to interview. I can't tell you how many times I have scheduled an interview and got the no show. It's getting very frustrating on how people have no respect for your time. To me it is only going to get more and more difficult to find quality hires in this industry. Sad!

8. NIXRAY

NIXRAY LawnSite Senior Member

What are your (applicant) weakness/strengths?
    What was a stressful situation and how did you handle it?
    What would you do if you saw a fellow co-worker “borrow” gas?
    What are some of your hobbies?
    What would you do if a customer offered you some cash for a “quick extra job”

kemco and hort101 like this.
  9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have hired four guys this year. One is gone another is missing days because it is to cold but seems okay otherwise ...did have 2 days off BB. Third guy out of vineyards no experience. Today was first day for the fourth guy. The fourth guy has two friends looking for work.

Rockchoplawn likes this.
  10. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Bronze Member

I hired a guy to start Monday. I'm optimistic, he seams eager to work and he is currently employed with another company.