1. Is Landscaping An “Essential Business” In Your Region?
    Read the timely article from Turf addressing this question. Click here to learn more.

COVID-19 Safety Procedures For Landscapers
    As you are working out in the field, maximize safety for you, your crews, and customers. Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Intimidator 2500 Truck

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV' started by Renob, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Renob

Renob LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an honest review of the intimidator truck series?

Looking to possibly trade my John Deere gator for one and just wondering if anyone has any real world experience with them as far as how the bed hold ups, how it runs, is it built sturdy, etc.

2. Tommy Kite

Tommy Kite LawnSite Member

Why would you give up a known good for something in uncharted territory? IMO you should stick with what works unless the gator is just not able to keep up with your demands at this time. Unless its a significant upgrade I vote to stick with the gator, as I know gators last a long time if you keep up with maintenance and such.

3. OP
    OP
    Renob

Renob LawnSite Member

You have a good point. I have worked at golf courses and now a school for almost 15 years now so I know the gators hold up. Price was the main thing as what I’m wanting is actually the progator model, but it is roughly $30,000 whereas the intimidator truck is around $16,000 so that is the main reason for wanting to trade. Just didn’t know if anyone knew much about them as to how they perform.

trust me I would much rather stick with John Deere/toro equipment as I know what they can do but they aren’t very budget friendly.

4. Tommy Kite

Tommy Kite LawnSite Member

Well, I personally dont like John Deere as a whole because I am a independent repair shop and they wont sell parts to me. But I recognise a good product when I see one. You are definitely paying for the name with anything John Deere though