1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Investor Question

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Imager, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Imager

Imager LawnSite Member

My Question does not pertain to lawn but I'm looking at being a property investor. The problem is that I'm only sixteen! Is there a way to obtain a loan at my age anyway?

2. gscone

gscone LawnSite Member
    from NY

Really depends on how long you've shown to have credit history. Can someone co-sign with you? Can you show steady income over the course of XXXXX months/years? You may want to further educate yourself on this topic by reading books and speaking to RE brokers/agents, loan officers, anyone in the field. Good luck.

GC

3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I dunno how things work on the LEFT COAST but I suspect you cannot enter into a loan contract until you are 18.

and then you are going to need a co-signer. you sound like a kid with big plans. I hope it works out for you. good luck.

GEO :)

4. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Check out richdad.com

5. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

I am going to do that too, but you need to wait until your at least 18 and even then you are going to need a good income and probably a parent to sign.
    My brother is a loan officer for HR block and thats what he said. But I wish a lot of good luck to you! :waving: You can make verrrry good money if you invest right. payup

6. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Just remeber not to overextend yourself because real estate is not a highly liquid asset. Persoanlly for your age put it in a drips fund or index fund for now and finance your own loan on a property latter in life, why pay interest to someone else when you can be paying yourself first.