iPhone footage: Outdoor Lighting

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Mike M, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Mike M

Mike M LawnSite Silver Member
    from usa

I have been using my iPhone 7 for outdoor lighting video footage! I've been using it for my website pics for the past year, but now I am exploring the video capability. I no longer use a dslr :)

I was able to make a new logo with Adobe Illustrator and edit it into the footage with Adobe Premier Pro (I'm using Adobe Creative Cloud).

Please ignore the uneven shadows from the homeowner's flaming thingies, I fixed those right the footage was shot.

If anyone else is using video, please add to this thread, thanks!

Mike

RussellB and Jimmy Turks like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    Mike M

from usa

I need to post this over in the media forum for questions. Sometimes the playback res is very poor, and I will ditch using video for landscape lighting if I can't control this. On my iPhone 7 playback, resolution is no good at all. On my computer it's fine. I can probably change resolution on my phone, but what about people seeing it on their phones?

3. OP
    OP
    Mike M

from usa

This upload has the better rez

hort101 and GrassManKzoo like this.
  4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike M likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Mike M

from usa

6. Jimmy Turks

Jimmy Turks LawnSite Member

and kill your microphone!... it sounds like there is a stalker casing the house! :)

7. OP
    OP
    Mike M

from usa

Ha! My ex told me the same thing, but she stays up late watching all those murder shows.

I refuse to edit the sound though, I also don't photoshop any of my pics :D

Maybe it's my artsy side or maybe I'm just lazy, not sure.

8. Conroy Lighting

Conroy Lighting LawnSite Member

What settings did you have it on? Looks nice.

Mike M likes this.
  9. OP
    OP
    Mike M

from usa

Automatic settings, no adjustments to video accept adding the logo in Adobe Premier and actually increasing the audio so I can hear the evening nature sounds (unfortunately this also increased stalker footsteps effect, too, haha). I can edit those out or down but I'm too busy or lazy.

As much as digital photography requires the extra lighting provided just before the sun goes down, digital video requires even more light, so get there early before sunset.

iPhones are incredible. I just got an x yesterday and can't wait to try it out.

10. Jimmy Turks

Jimmy Turks LawnSite Member

I prefer my images to be taken at night, in the dark (when most people will be seeing the lighting, not at the 'magic 15mins' at sunset) As such, no cell phone cam will do. They simply cannot process the contrast between dark and light properly. _MG_7039_edited-1.jpg

Mike M and hort101 like this.