IQ dustless saws

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by Hall’s Hardscapes, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Hall’s Hardscapes

Hall’s Hardscapes LawnSite Member

Thanks. Have been doing a lot with beacon Hill and Double sailor row of Coppthorne. People seem to really like this look right now.

hort101 likes this.
  2. Hall’s Hardscapes

Thanks for the info. That’s quite the setup!! I don’t a lot of 6” blocks, so I think my ideal set up would be to have the dustless saw. I can’t wet cut either because of the poly sand. Was hoping to come across someone who uses the IQ.

3. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

4. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

I'm not a hardscape guy but have seen this done before

5. Hall’s Hardscapes

Yes but then you have to make sure everything is totally dry and all the ‘mud’ cleaned off before applying gator maxx. It’s a pain to cut wet

hort101 likes this.
  6. Eddieb18

Eddieb18 LawnSite Member

Dustless Technologies!! Attaches to a variety of saws (have it on our STIHL saws) and our workers love it. Doesn't get in the way and catches almost all the dust.
    Don't have to deal with the turning of the filter and random stuff that goes with the IQ stuff. Couldn't be happier with Dustless Tech.

7. KSandt1

KSandt1 LawnSite Member

The plan was to buy the IQ362 and sell the 15 year old Target gas saw (used dry), but I'm still on the fence and refuse to get rid of the Target.

They each seem to have ther benefits. 95% of the time I stick to the IQ. It's new, nice, fancy, and does a great job with keeping the dust down.

Turning the filter isnt much of an issue. It's literally a couple turns every 150LF.

Downsides are there is no lock for height. Target can be set at X inches and locked. If you have to make ten cuts at the same depth, set it and run it... but with the IQ you have to eyeball and muscle your way through them individually.

Another downfall is it is 30 amps (25a for the saw, 5 for the vacuum). Working at a lot of older homes, some do not have an outlet outside to deal with that. I have tripped the breaker and had to call the homeowner to return and reset it on 4 or 5 occasions this year. So a generator is a necessity.

No one around me carries a 16.5" blade and they seem to be far and few between. They cost $250 from IQ.

All in all it's a great product. Everything has its downsides I suppose. Would highly reccommend a generator for the 362.