• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Iron Planet purcahse need shipping quotes!

Construct'O

LawnSite Bronze Member
I signed up with Uship to get a quote everyone wants you to be there members:hammerhead:(join).Just wanted a quote not give out my history!

I got a trailer ,so just need a truck,so probably will be harder to get someone because of the chance of a one way trip back home with out a load.

I need to find some one coming to Iowa from down south and someone down south(Junior,Dirtman) needing a trailer.Then i could sell them my old trailer and they could deliver mine:)

Post a few other places to get quotes if you know of some???????

Also thought maybe could let them haul something on the trailer if that would help on the cost.What your guys thought?Could lead to problems in the long run my thoughts?

Basicly just want to get it home.New learning curve here,getting Alberta home was simple(not really) just made the seller there handle everything:laugh::usflag:

stuvecorp

LawnSite Fanatic
Awesome Denny. Uship is the first that comes to mind and you could check with some freight brokers also. You'll just have to burn up the phones.:)

LawnSite Member
I need a new trailer and I have family near Des Moines :) Send me a PM if you want. I drove up there a few years back to buy my F350

dozerman21

LawnSite Bronze Member
I've used Uship a few times to get some bids... I thought it was pretty easy, you just have to give some general information and specs of whatever you're trying to ship. It should just be a one time registration. After that, all the bids will go through your e-mail. Let 'em duke it out!:cool2:

ksss

LawnSite Fanatic
I've used Uship a few times to get some bids... I thought it was pretty easy, you just have to give some general information and specs of whatever you're trying to ship. It should just be a one time registration. After that, all the bids will go through your e-mail. Let 'em duke it out!:cool2:
e

I used Uship to get my fifth wheel RV out of Ohio and up to my folks place in North Dakota. Worked easy enough. I would also let some truck brokers know, sometimes you can catch them just right.

OP
Construct'O

Construct'O

LawnSite Bronze Member
Junior the trailer i got is a 55ton detachable lowboy trailer to haul Alberta on.Alberta get a new set of wheels:).Couldn't haul her on my other lowboy because i need the dropdeck for height(clearence),length for her tail:laugh:.Been debating for a while,finally did it.Now to get it home.

It is in Baton Rouge and need someone to bring it up here.I really like the idea of using my other trailer for hauling the dozers.Just stop flip the ramps down run the dozer on chain down and your gone.

The trailer(Fontaine) is all hydraulic and not that hard to hook and unhook,but something i will have to get use too.Lining up and unhooking on soild ground (base).The trailer has the c hooks on the trailer and pins goes under the c hooks.Then the cage on the neck tilts back and down against the trailer to lock it togather.

I like this style better then the slidslot with he air pin and open rings that fit over the end stubby pins.Time will tell i guess.

5.0 do you have semi because you would need one for my trailer the F350 won't work:)

As far as registering i have been doing it just don't like to have to do everytime,but if i'm going to get the best rate i better get moving.Need to get it home.......Couple more places i going to try is internettruckstop.com and getloaded.com anyone every try then:confused:

The trailer actually was a NES rental trailer,so thought i might talk to them(Monday) and maybe they could get it delivered up this way.

Also thought about getting a rental truck like Ruan and bring it home myself.Just feel a little old for this ,out of my comfort zone:cry:!!!!!!!!:usflag:

LawnSite Member
Got family that owns a large trucking company- may could help you out if you get in a bind, but nah I don't need to be pulling that. :laugh: