1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Irrigation blowout compressor attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nograss, Nov 15, 2006.

1. nograss

nograss LawnSite Member

Need some help in making an attachment for a pull behind trailer compressor. I need to make a tool to hook up to a backflow preventer that snaps on the compressor hose to blow out systems. thanks in advance.

2. adaptivehomeservices

adaptivehomeservices LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Not sure if this will work for you if you are doing a lot of blowouts but this worked nicely for my home system. I just took my blow-off attachment and wrapped electrical tape around the end in a cone shape until it formed a nice seal on my backflow preventer. It worked really well but not sure how it will work all day long. I am not sure you can just make one attachment to work on everyones system depending on how they are designed...my quick fix is very universal.

3. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

on both systems I blow out, the quick connect that attaches to tools threaded right in to the backflow preventer. I hooked the hose to the compressor, and to the quick connect and poof (no pun intended), I had air.