Irrigation Schools

Discussion in 'Professional Discussions' started by daleintx, Nov 3, 2002.

1. daleintx

daleintx LawnSite Member

I was in the Pipefitting trade for years as a helper. Have worked with lots of pvc and other pipe and fittings. I would like to get into the sprinkler business. Does anyone know any schools that could help me get a license for sprinkler business around San Antonio Tx area. Appreciate it.

2. LAWnENFORCER

LAWnENFORCER LawnSite Member

You have to be licensed through the state. TECQ used to be TNRCC, holds the license. To take the test you must have a state approved 40 hr basic irrigation course. I was tought by Phil Sheppard(Irrigation System Solutions). He travels all over the state. I went to class in Austin. If you want more info, send me an e-mail. There are others who teach and all can be found by doing a search on the internet. I take my exam Dec 13th in San Antonio.

Good Luck!

Kevin

3. sean

sean Guest

4. _Cameron_

_Cameron_ LawnSite Member

Cool to see how others think of Phil. I took his course last year at Tarrant County College. He's awesome and extremely helpful. Bought his dvd and study guide for the state test, along with his course and book. I would highly recommend guys starting in lawn mowing to get their irrigation license and learn from him. I wish I would have done it right out of high school, better late than never though

hort101 likes this.
  5. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Wow a 17 year old thread.

Outlawn and _Cameron_ like this.
  6. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

In an ideal world, one would jump on with sprinkus. Kell or a few others just as close.

but.

How often does one enjoy get an oportunity to enjoy an ideal world. (without hard work)

I would imagine the types of guys kept around each have family members and stringently chosen God fathers on waiting list for employment.

7. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

This! Shouldn’t there be something that locks a thread that’s not been posted on in say 3-5 years...much less 17!

8. RhettMan

from Texas

i hope not i like to stir things up every once in a blue moon :)

9. RhettMan

from Texas

Speaking of Irrigation Schools

I was just looking at the IA website (to buy one of their books)

Impressive Stuff.

I was browsing through the different member ship types and could nto find "Root-Cusser/Customer-Put-Up_with-er" (Im sincerely Just Kidding customer if yall are reading this!!, I love and thank you all very very much....and i sold that truck and house to a yankee seasonal migrator, he wanted me to ask yall to stop throwing rocks)

ill look more again tonight but im impressed.

Lets all join with a Lawnsite groupon Mr. Donovan :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. Ron Wolfarth

Ron Wolfarth Sponsor

hort101 likes this.