Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Crimson Lawn, May 20, 2014.
3/4" ball valve, kinda small for this app? Maybe not the main problem but not good.
I had the make and model written down, til I realized what is wiping my muddy hand with was the paper I had written it on, long day.
I cut the main line, before BF, spliced in a jumper and passed up the BF and MV. Same problem.
Going to pull Meter, jump the ball valve, BF, MV and zone 1 valve. If it is still weak, new tap, pit and meter may be in order.
After that, short of starting over, I think I have processed everything.
I've posted earlier this summer, we have replaced many PRVs due to failure. Still give appropriate pressure, or even allowing high pressure, but volume/flow is limited. As london mentioned, Look for a PRV.
Was the flow test with or without the meter in place? I've seen meters that worked well some of the time and caused a restriction part of the time.
If you're going to remove the meter and check the flow try just putting in a pipe, set to flow outside the meter pit, and open up the curb stop/valve to see how good the flow/pressure straight out of the meter connection.
Have you eliminated the possibility of the problem being in the mainline to the 1st valve?
City performed test hooked in to where the water comes straight out of the ground.. No Curb stop, no PRV. Have dug up the main line from just before the BF all the way past BF, MV to the tee where 1st valve is and carries on to more valves, its straight and round, replaced any way, same issue. There is a valve on the meter and have opened and closed it many times, same result.
What did the city testing show? If you pulled the meter and did a flow test from the upstream pipe, you have eliminated everything but the curb stop.
Is there full flow and pressure at any point you have measured?
Size, length, and type of pipe?
I glossed right over that. If you have the misfortune to have a galvanized steel supply line running under this highway, its rusting up can gradually kill the flow.
One of the unhappier moments in this trade I can recall was a rush-rush job where it was belatedly discovered that the 1-1/2 inch meter in the basement was fed from a galvanized line coming from the opposite side of a divided highway, more than a thousand feet away.
Meet up with the city yesterday. Had my numbers wrong from they performed the flow and pressure test. !7.44 gpm with a dynamic pressure of 76.
City guy allowed me to hook straight into upstream pipe. I by-passed everything, Ball valve, BF, MV and zone 1 valve. Finally it ran correctly.
There is either a kink or an obstruction from the owners side of the meter to the BF. Got utilities located again to be real sure there is nothing down about 4'.
got a big hole to dig. Today I hope to have found the culprit. I will try to get some pics of the mess.
sorry. that is 17.44 gpm.