Irritrol Remote

Discussion in 'Sensors & Remote Controls' started by Outlawn, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Outlawn

Outlawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone had any issues with the Irritrol remotes? I have the CL-R100 kit that has the CL-R1 remote and receiver. I use it strictly as a maintenance remote but I went through 2 last season. When the 1st crapped out, I thought it was from getting wet. So, I was more careful with the 2nd but then it crapped out, too. Got both warrantied from our distributor but my warranty remote didn’t work out of the box. They called Irritrol and got new remotes for us again. The newest one has worked fine, so far. I’ve kept it in a ziploc bag so as to not get it wet at all.
    Anyone else had any good or bad experiences with them?
    We install, almost exclusively, Rain Dial controllers and have talked about installing the receiver for the remote as part of the controller for ease of future maintenance on the system and so the customer doesn’t even have to be home. But, my irrigator has not done this due to the questionability of the longevity of the remotes. Basically, he doesn’t wanna out in an inferior piece of hardware that we are going to have problems with down the road.

irrig8r likes this.
  2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I keep mine in a Ziplock bag too.

Outlawn likes this.
  3. Love the Green Biz

Love the Green Biz LawnSite Platinum Member

I use the Irritrol remotes for the Climate Logic system and I replace at least four per year-Irritrol takes them back and replaces them even years old.

I doesn't make a difference wet or dry-they fail about 20% of the time. I still love 'em though-one handed and one thumb coupled with fast activation blows away swiping a cell phone-and who wants to f...up their phones when in the field?

benhargreaves and Outlawn like this.