1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is 15hp Kaw enough power for Wright 36"???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

......well the thread title says it all!!!!!!!!:confused:

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Do you have any higher hp options? 17 maybe 19?

3. KCfireman

they make them in the 17 and the 15. Now i have a JD Quik Trak w/ a 48" deck and the 19hp kaw and it has never bogged down. You see there is a guy here in Kansas City that is selling his: 2008 Wright Stander 36" w/ 15hp Kaw w/ 22 hrs on it and it still has its 2 yr warranty. He's asking around $3800

4. Lazer_Z

from NJ

D@mn good deal on that machine, any chance he'll let you try it out before you hand over any cash?

5. KCfireman

i think its a great deal! He also has it for sell on ebay and that big ends in 2 days and its highest bidder currently is only $1200. I know he'll cancel the auction if it doesnt get high enough. I called him up, very nice guy, and he said i can come on up whenever i want so i can take it for a spin.

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Well, If you feel it's right, by all means buy it man. The 15 should work, hell I was about ready to buy a TTHP 36" before I bought my Phazer. The TTHP 36" has a 15 on it and I'm sure there are plenty of guys happy with that machine.

7. KCfireman

i sure hope so. Its in prestige condition.

8. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Why is he selling it? too small?, getting a bigger machine?, getting out of the biz? '08 w/ only 22hrs on the clock it should look like it came right off the dealers lot. If you can snap a couple of pics.

9. KCfireman

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

my metro hp has a 15 on it ,has plenty of power to pull me 260 lbs on a sulky and cut thick grass