Lawn Care Forum banner

Is a license required to spray herbicides and funicides for my customers?

12K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TOTALLAWN OF KY 
#1 ·
I have a lawn service in Louisiana (commercial and residential). Although I havent' charged for spraying Round-Up or fire - ant killer, I have used these to keep my customers' properties looking great. On another post someone mentioned you have to be licensed to apply chemicals for money. I was unaware of this. Is this true?? If so, what steps do I take to become licensed - who to contact, classes, costs, etc. Also, can you get into trouble or does anyone even monitor this type of thing. Any advice - I've worked hard to build my business and made some major investments and would like to do things right - I take my work seriously. Thanks.

#4 ·
LOL, yup, you have to be licensed to apply, just as much for your safety and liability as anything else.

If you aren't you might have a friend who does apps and you can be a technician for him and be covered if he trusts you. I just toss this out if you aren't doing a lot of apps and have some common sense and he has faith in you.

Then, after being a tech for a year, you can apply for your own license, or at least that the way it is here.

Good luck,

EG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.