1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Is Facebook Worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by shifty98, Feb 2, 2017.

1. awayne

awayne LawnSite Member

Well with fb I picked up a new customer. When I met with him he says "my neighbor is looking for someone to mow her grass too"

So I get the two and show up a few days later to mow. I start on the neighbors and a couple passes the next neighbor down stops me looking for someone to mow her grass so I pick her up and mow hers that day too... so now I'm at 3!

I leave and a little while later the first one calls me. I call him back and he says his neighbor on the other side wants me to mow. So now I'm at 4!

I go yesterday to do these properties and while I'm doing it someone across the street comes out and says how much to cut my front. I end up doing his too. Then while I'm doing the other 4 my one customer says you need to go across and talk to this neighbor she is also looking for someone to mow!

It is simply amazing how you pickup so many more customers with a trailer and bigger mower! Lol. so now I make one stop and have anywhere from 4-6 properties per week!

2. stringfellohawk

stringfellohawk LawnSite Senior Member

I post before and after photos. My jobs are a little bigger, so I'm not posting them all the time like someone selling shakeology or some new fitness trend, but I do keep it up to date. I get a good bit of likes and have scored a few jobs off of it. I also use Instagram, but that's more for brand recognition, networking with other outfits, and stroking my own ego. Another thing you can do is put a small Facebook logo sticker on your vehicle's and trailers by your lettering/logo. It's a simple way to streamline people to your business and put yourself on their mind. A like today may be a job tomorrow.

awayne likes this.