Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the negative effects may have on the lawn. Not discharging 2" clippings or anything but small amounts, is it bad? I searched but I cant seem to find any info. Thanks

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
As of today, I have about 38 accounts. All of these yards are mowed every 7 days and all of them are side discharged. If you "manage" your height, you can successfully side discharge and by doing so, you add valuable notrogen back where in t belongs, in the lawn.

I run a Exmark all season long without a bagger. If there is heavy grass then rarely I have to double mow.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good to hear, I double cut if the clippings are too long also. It's been pretty hot and not much rain and I wanted to make sure discharging wouldnt stress the grass any more. Thanks again.

·
Registered
69 Posts
we have to bag it....90% of us do anyway.....It just looks so much better and In oregon and Washington with fescue, ryegrass and with the ground moisture, baggin it is just the best way.

·
Registered
128 Posts
All my lawns are side discharge or I put a chute blocker on for a semi mulch. I don't bag anything if they want it bagged they can get someone else. Leaving the clippings on the lawn they will break down and provide 20% of the nitrogen to feed the lawn.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.